A 4th level Gamer Chick's Tome of Knowledge

This is just my little piece of the internet feel free to peruse... I'll update when I can about game, school, plans, and anything people pester me about... #2

Name:
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States

I'm a freshman at the University of Wyoming majoring in anthropology and minoring in German and geology. I'm currently playing in a V:tM game Friday nights and trying to work in Kalamar when I can.

Friday, November 11, 2005

linkages...

I thought I might put out a little disclaimer on my links and stuff...

anything under 'my links' is mine, feel free to peruse
anything that begins with someone's name/number is theirs, peruse, but don't blame me
most of the tons of comics I've linked are fine for all ages:
Jack is for mature audiences only! trust me
for the peoples who don't know:

  • 8-bit theater, Adventurers, Atland, l33t pixelz, Order of the Stick, Role of the Die, RPG World, and VG Cats are all gaming related, whether it be video or table-top.

  • Alien Dice, Pure, and Shivae! are all products of Shivae Studios and I highly recommend them for their amazing animal work and both fun and deep story-lines.

  • Jack is at the very least a furry comic, but it also is based in the confusing areas of heaven and hell and deals with some sensitive subjects.

  • User friendly, Ctrl-Alt-Del, GPF, and QC are all geekiy computer-y comics of various types... though Ctrl-Alt-Del also got a decent amount of video-gamey stuff in it.

  • Mows, Neko, and Two Lumps are all cat comics

  • Fox Tails, Shifters, and Werechild are all shifter comics (as the name of the middle one might imply) from various backgrounds.

  • Clan of the Cats is also a shifter comic but with a more mature base. If you have problems with Magik, Wicca, etc. don't read it, otherwise I highly recommend.

  • CRFH and Surreal U are both college comics. CRFH is short for College Roomies from Hell and to call it odd would be an understatement, but after I read it's 4th or 5th cross-over with another comic I read I had to start reading it, it's funny. Surreal U is no longer updating, but I still recommend checking it out, though I might be biased. It was written by a student here at Uwyo, he's no longer updating due to his graduation, but the archives are still worth a read.

  • Legostar Galactica, Schlock Mercenary, and Shotguns in Space are all sci-fi strips. Legostar Galactica is a spoof strip, there's no hiding it, Schlock's a fun and funny comic, and SiS is still in the works...

  • Anime Arcadia is a cute little comic about a boy who draws a cat-girl then accidentally wishes her to life and the interesting hijinks that follow.

  • Antihero For Hire is drawn by the same guy who does Adventurers, but is a modern 'super hero' story

  • Funny Farm's, well... exactly what it sounds like... and so much more...

  • Mansion of E is a fantasy setting of sorts. It can get a little confusing due to its absolutely huge cast, but it's definitely worth a read.

  • Pokémon X is a spoof of the 'newest' line of Pokémon video games, definitely worth checking out.

  • Rob and Elliot and Sam and Fuzzy are both hard to explain, you'll just have to read them and see for yourself.



  • If you read German feel free to check out the German-language strips. Benutzer Freundlich is just User Friendly in German and 'OotS auf Deutsch' is the same for Order of the Stick.

    The Please! movie short is a 15 min film which I highly recommend. It's a relatively serious film, but the acting's great.

    *skips a whole bunch that don't really need explaining*

    Seiyo No Shorin-Ryu Karate and Kabudo Kai is the official site for my new style of martial arts... envy me!

    I think that's all the ones I need to explain... if there are any others you care to ask about, feel free...

    #2

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Matt said...

    Man you read a lot of comics. I used to read more, but they don't seem to keep me interested for very long anymore. I am working my way slowly through the massive Penny Arcade archive (one that I don't see on your list), just because people I know talk about it all the time, so I feel I should at least read it. Next on the list after that is to pick up Order of the Stick from where I left off...because it is pretty awesome. I just never felt like actually going through what I missed.

    11 November, 2005 18:58  
    Blogger Amber #2 said...

    yeah... I read way too many comics... but I'm used to it... I just never got into Penny Arcade... I mean... it's got its moments, it just doesn't... pop... for me...

    #2

    11 November, 2005 19:42  
    Blogger Amber said...

    Yay! I can stop bugging you for new comics because you've got them all listed right here. *Hug*

    11 November, 2005 21:41  
    Blogger Amber #2 said...

    *hugs back* that's one way to handle it, yup...

    12 November, 2005 18:25  
    Blogger TT said...

    OK, I have one question: Is #3 also alternatively referred to as #0 in your links, or is that just yet another Amber? And if so, who was the computer person who started the counting at 0?

    15 November, 2005 11:13  
    Blogger Amber #2 said...

    #3's a 'true' Amber, #0's Alexis.

    Diana numbered us 1-3, then we made Alexis honorary Amber #0 so that we could do an Amber Quartet... now we've got 0-7 and only 1-3 are actually named Amber... and heck, #4's a guy...

    #2

    15 November, 2005 16:43  
    Blogger Amber #2 said...

    Though thank you for asking because I'd accidentally marked #3's blog as being #0's... the rest are right though... I swear...

    #2

    15 November, 2005 16:45  
    Blogger TT said...

    "Who is Number One?"
    "You are Number Six."

    Or is there supposed to be a comma in there. We'll never know. :-)

    21 November, 2005 17:24  

    Post a Comment

    << Home