A 4th level Gamer Chick's Tome of Knowledge

This is just my little piece of the internet feel free to peruse... I'll update when I can about game, school, plans, and anything people pester me about... #2

Name:
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States

I'm a freshman at the University of Wyoming majoring in anthropology and minoring in German and geology. I'm currently playing in a V:tM game Friday nights and trying to work in Kalamar when I can.

Monday, September 25, 2006

*grooaaaaaan*

okay, working out straight from 7am-5pm on Saturday and 7am-1pm on Sunday = not a good idea. Lordy am I in pain. But I did have fun and I learned a lot... I'm going to try to post pictures of my bruises from kioga and seiyo-jutsu practice... and doing forearm exercises with Tchjdaedn... *pokes at bruises playfully with a big grin on her face*

Nicole and I were tested by Shihan Andy Finley from Casper dojo. We both made a few mistakes, but passed anyway (yay!)... so now I need to fork over the dough for a green belt ($5, no biggie)...

I learned Kuwa(garden hoe)-kata and bunkai as well as applications with kioga (expandable baton) on Saturday. On Suday Karen and I watched the dan-test, which was absolutely amazing. There were several kata that all 8 of the testers did together that looked almost rehearsed. They were in perfect time with eachother and their uniforms were snapping. It was absolutely amazing. After the Dan-test we learned a nunchakku kata that Soke hasn't decided whether or not to integrate into our style yet, but it was fun. After that we went over Nijushiho (24 steps) kata, which most of us learned at the end of last Spring and I think he changed the counts on us... bu the does that... after that we did rock breaking. I broke two, aren't you proud of me?

Overall I had a fun weekend, but it also feels like I didn't really have one... I barely got my homework done and I'm in serious pain and in a state of brain-dead-ish-ness, but I had fun.

Edit 10:30 9/26:

My bruises, aren't you proud of me?
bruises1




bruises2




Edit 13:44 10/2:

My first broken rock... a soft-ish limestone...
RockBreaking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home