A 4th level Gamer Chick's Tome of Knowledge

This is just my little piece of the internet feel free to peruse... I'll update when I can about game, school, plans, and anything people pester me about... #2

Name:
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States

I'm a freshman at the University of Wyoming majoring in anthropology and minoring in German and geology. I'm currently playing in a V:tM game Friday nights and trying to work in Kalamar when I can.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Guess it's my turn to update...

Ahh, yes, I remember this place... but anyway...

So much is going on that I'm not quite sure where to start, so I guess I'll start with the first thing that comes to mind. After a long fight with the beauracracy I have a roommate I actually want (huzzah!) and without too much trouble, actually, and we're getting on fine.

The D&D game I was supposed to be in this semester isn't happening after all because the GM was asked to go elsewhere to get his grades up this semester, which sucks. On the other hand, the V:tM game is still going full-bore. It's been fun watching the new Assamite PC and the Tremere NPC at eachother's throats. Oh, did I mention that we're now running like hell from what appears to be a permanentally obfuscated skin walker? This whole thing just keeps getting better and better. Oh, and the V:tM group has a new euphamism for being dead/ashed: "lives in his shoes"... We found the city's sherrif and he ashed right after we found him, so to get him back to the Elysium Fara-Kur (the other Malk) carried his ashes back in his shoes. So, yes, a Malkavian stood up in front of the council, announced, "the sherrif lives in my shoes," and dumped the sherrif's ashes onto the council table... That had some fun results...

I am now officially bored in my Calc II class... apparantly they don't do integration until Calc II here, I'm told that it'll get more interesting later... I pray it does...

I have my kyu-test this afternoon to test for sitchikyu (7th kyu) which is 1st blue in this style. I swear to god, this is the only style where blue comes before green. This'll be the last test for which I won't need weapons kata. For the next one, which'll probably come at end of semester, I'll need two bo-kata (isn't that fun?).

Also a large group of us are car-pooling to Casper on the 25th of February to participate in Cowboy State Games. I think I'm either the only person sparring, or one of a small number (since the one other person who really spars broke his knee and won't be able to participate) and I'm really looking forward to it. The rules'll be a little different (like head shots and knee shots are legal within certain parameters) but I won't have to wear the bloody chest-protector, so I'm pleased as punch. I'm not sure how I'll do, but we'll see. I'm hoping to have pictures, since there are a few people going who are just spectating becuase they don't feel comfortable competing. I'm not even positive who all else is going... I know that Kate and Kyle are both going for kata and I think that Cousin-Ben'll be doing both, but we'll see. Either way, though, it'll be a blast, wish me luck.

Well, now I have to head off, but I think I got everything in, and if I didn't, well, I'll just edit the post later, so... yeah...

See y'all and have a nice day.

#2

3 Comments:

Blogger TT said...

Good to see your update. I just clicked over here to check, thinking I might have to bug you for an update.

Yeah, I need to update again too.

02 February, 2006 20:07  
Blogger Matt said...

As I understand it, integration is a Calc II subject. They might get into the basics (and by that I mean VERY basic) of it in Calc I, but the bulk is for Calc II. I don't know what your calc backround is, but with you in Calc II and already knowing integration, I'll assume you took AP Calc AB in High School. That was always said to be Calc 1.5. They go through everything in Calc I, and alot of topics in Calc II. It is meant to prepare you for Calc II, so that when you take it in college it isn't as bad as it could be. I would advise to make sure that you do really already know what the professor is talking about all the time, since they might go a little more in depth than you did in High School.

As for D&D, I'm sure it can't be that hard to find a new game if you want one.

02 February, 2006 20:54  
Blogger Amber #2 said...

Yeah, AP Calc AB in high school. I do pay enough attention to catch the couple things I didn't get in AB... or hated and repressed... god I hat trapezoidal rule... but anyway...

As to D&D, yeah, I probably could... but it wouldn't be quite the same quality... meh, he'll be back next semester...

03 February, 2006 13:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home