A 4th level Gamer Chick's Tome of Knowledge

This is just my little piece of the internet feel free to peruse... I'll update when I can about game, school, plans, and anything people pester me about... #2

Name:
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States

I'm a freshman at the University of Wyoming majoring in anthropology and minoring in German and geology. I'm currently playing in a V:tM game Friday nights and trying to work in Kalamar when I can.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

And the results are in!

Well... after approximately 7 hours of competition we walked out of the gym in Casper with 11 medals.

Yellow-belt Jessica got first place for weapons kata with her performance of the bo-kata Sho no kun
Green-blet Jessica got 2nd place for empty-hand kata with Pinan Godan and 2nd place in weapons kata with a nunchaku kata
Brett got 3rd place in empty-hand kata with Pinan Yodan and 2nd place in weapons kata with an adapted version of Nunchaku Yodan, which we jokingly call Brett Yondan
Kate got 3rd place in empty-hand kata with Gankaku
Brown-belt Kyle tied for first (even after a tie-breaker) for empty-hand kata with his exquisite performance of Empi and also tied for first in weapons kata with the bo-kata Sho ken no kun.
Cousin-Ben got 1st in empty hand kata with a kata with a long name that I can't remember, I think it might've be Hatkutsuru Dai and 1st in weapons kata, also with Sho ken no kun
Black-belt Kyle got 3rd place in empty hand kata with Gankaku.

Brown-belt Kyle, Cousin-Ben, and I all got 4th in our respective sparring competitions. I was in a 5-competitor ring, me and four guys. I won my first match, but lost the other two, though apparantly my second opponent thought I'd won and several people thought that I'd won the final bout... but points're pretty subjective, so *shrugs* I did my best. Kyle and Ben were both in 4-competitor rings. We all thought that Kyle'd won his second bout, but apparantly the judges didn't agree.

I'm told that it looked like I scared my first opponant and looked like I was beating him up for his lunch money or something. It's certainly an interesting picture. I also got several compliments on my ferocity and spirit... I had fun.

After it was all said and done, and medals awarded we all ended up at a restaraunt and ate far too much, then hit the road home. Somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way back to Laramie we got pulled over. We were in a carpool of two and we honestly have no clue where the cop came from, but let's just say that Cousin-Ben's going to see if Soke can get the club to pay the $120 in speeding fines ($60 for each vehicle... after taking $10 off for everyone having their seat-belts on).

We did eventually get back to Laramie alright... just with a slight delay...

#2

1 Comments:

Blogger havatar said...

My daughter beating someone up for their lunch money. I don't know whether to say "shame on you" or "way to go!"

04 March, 2006 08:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home